Monday, August 6, 2012

Easy and Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas

Well I have finally gotten moved and summer school is finally over! I also have finally gotten a chance to buy real groceries again. I know that is a lot of finales but that is how these past few weeks have been. I feel like I have been busy but there isn't much to show for it. Hopefully I will get to do some crafting before classes start back.

Running is still going good. I can run for 25 minutes without stopping or walking. I am running my first 5K on August 25th. My brother-in-law is putting on a 5K to raise money for the high school track team he is coaching. If you are interested in running there is still time to sign up just let me know!

The first thing I have made now that I have more than ramen noodles was Chicken Enchiladas. I found the recipe of course from Pinterest. The website it came from is actually Food, Family and Finds 

Easy and Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
Ingredients:
Got a little burnt on top but still tasted good :)
- 6-8 Corn Tortillas (Enchilada size)
- 1 pre-cooked plain rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided in half
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 10oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1  cup sour cream
- 1 4oz can chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Directions: 
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Fill the center of each tortilla with a handful of shredded chicken, a tablespoon or so of the corn, and a pinch of the shredded cheese.
3. Roll and place in the bottom of a baking dish with the seam side down.
4. In a pot over medium heat melt the butter. Add flour and whisk into a thick paste.
5. Add chicken broth, cream of chicken, sour cream, chiles, salt and pepper.
6. Whisk gently for about 5 minutes until warm and smooth.
7. Pour sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining shredded cheese.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes and serve warm.

*So when I made this I ended up only using about half of the whole chicken I shredded so I was able to freeze some. And my enchiladas were still very full.

No comments:

Post a Comment