Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pesto and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken

Hello all! So I am super excited to say that I am going to run my first 5k race on the 25th! My brother in law is the head track coach at the high school he works at in Cary. He is hosting a 5K as a fundraiser for his track team. If you are interested in running let me know and I will tell you how to sign up! I am super excited because a week after I finish my training for the couch to 5K. It is so awesome that I have stuck with it and using the program really helped! There were times I wanted to give up but I kept on pushing forward and I'm glad I did because it really has paid off. I have also been running with a friend who has helped to keep me motivated. I am going to try and keep running so that I don't loose the ability to run haha. I don't want to go backwards!

Ok so onward to what this post is really about. Pesto and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken!!! This is a recipe that I got from my Mom. It sounds hard to make or really fancy from the sound of it but it is really simple! I have made this one a few times before. One of the things I like about this is that you can make just as much as you need. I usually make two or three servings worth to have leftovers. But you could just make one or you could make eight it is really just based on what you need or want. I usually serve the chicken with saffron rice and broccoli.

Pesto and Sun-dried Tomato Chicken
Ingredients:
- Chicken
- Pesto
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Panko bread crumbs (seasoned)
- Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
- Pound Chicken in between wax or clear wrap
- Layer pesto and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Fold in half
- Dip chicken in Panko bread crumbs and parmesan mixture. I just eye ball it. I would say its like 2 part bread crumbs to 1 part cheese.
- Put on sprayed baking dish
- Bake at 350 for 45min to an 1 hour




No comments:

Post a Comment