Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cake Pops

I decided for the ECU vs. SCU game that I would make ECU cake pops. This was an away game for us so I knew we would at least have some down time at the hotel and would want something to munch on. I made a them out of lemon cake with purple white chocolate on the outside :)

Ingredients:
My finished product!
- 1 box cake mix (use any flavor you want)
- Things you need to make the cake according to the box
- 1 container of frosting that goes with the cake
- 3ish bags of candy melt (you can get it at craft stores. I used 2 bags of purple and not even half a bag of yellow for decoration.)
- candy sticks if you want

Directions:
1. Bake the cake in a 13x9 pan according to the box and let cool.
2. Crumble the cake and mix with all the frosting.
3. Form in to 1 or 2 bite size balls (Mine were way to big haha). Place on a cookie sheet with wax paper and put in the freezer about 10 or so minutes until not squishy.
4. Melt candy according to directions on package. Dip the balls in the candy and let cool.
5. Decorate as desired. Keep in fridge.

*There are several suggests on line on how best to dip and then dry the cake balls. I still have not mastered that part yet.

This was our view at the South Carolina game. I didn't take any more pictures because we lost so badly :-/ They did have a really awesome atmosphere. It was hard not to get pumped during their pre-game show! 


No comments:

Post a Comment