Sunday, September 9, 2012

My first 5k!

Ok so I have needed to do this post for several weeks now. Can I just say this has been the craziest, busiest, and most stressful semester I have had in grad school. I think it is because I am taking my comprehensive exam and the National Counselors Exam (NCE). And my practicum class is really front loaded. So I think once I can get through October I will be ok.

So back to my first 5K. I ran in the MacNair Farms first annual 5K. My brother in law Jeff is actually the one who put it together has a fund raiser for the Athens Drive track team. (he is the head coach.) The race was an awesome trail run through the MacNair farms property. Parts of the race were in open fields, through the woods, along small farm roads. It was pretty cool. I really enjoyed the run. I ran the race in 38:36 which my Jeff said was really good for my first race. My friend Noah also ran the race. He got second in his age group! If you want to run a race let me know!!!I need to find another race to run so I don't loose motivation.

My Momma and I before the race!

Coming into the finish! I didn't feel like I was going to die so that is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment