Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bruschetta Chicken

Hello Everyone! This will be a short sweet and to the point post. I will fill you in on the craziness that has been the past few weeks in some other posts that will probably come within the next day or so. A few weeks ago I had to take the National Counselors Exam (NCE). Well I came back to Boone early over my fall break to take this exam. As well as like 30 other people. We were suppose to be at the exam room by 8:30. I got there a little after 8 and there were a few other people there but no test administrator. I was thinking well we are really early. 8:30 comes and goes and everyone who is suppose to take the exam is there and still no test administrator. 9:00 comes and goes when the exam is suppose to start and still no test administrator. So finally someone calls the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC). Thankfully we had their number on a letter we had to bring with us. Well we still aren't sure what really happened but for some reason NBCC thought no one at Appalachian was taking the exam. So we were told sorry for the inconvenience but to go home and they would have to reschedule the exam.

Well thankfully they rescheduled the exam for the next weekend. I wasn't crazy about it because I had plans for that weekend but nonetheless I was glad to get it over with. Because I was now going to be stuck in the mountains on a Friday night that I wasn't planning on, I decided to make a really yummy dinner! Of course I found the recipe on Pinterest! I think you guys should know that most recipes I make come from my Mom or Pinterest haha! I made Bruschetta Chicken and I think it might be my favorite chicken dish ever!

Bruschetta Chicken
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed garlic croutons
- 1Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (approx. 1 teaspoon)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 9x13 baking dish.
2. Place flour and beaten eggs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken into flour, then into eggs. Place into baking dish.
3. Combine parmesan cheese, crushed croutons, and melted butter then sprinkle on chicken.
4. Loosely cover with foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until top is browned and chicken is cooked through.
5. Chop tomatoes and combine with last ingredients. Spoon mixture over chicken, and return to oven for 5-7 minutes or until tomato mixture is heated through.


* Bruschetta (tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil) can also be made in the blender. It depends on how fine you want your tomatoes chopped. I also had leftover bruschetta that I didn't put on the chicken. This could be a great appetizer on some toasted, small pieces of bread.

I made rice and a salad to go with the chicken dish. I really wanted to make asparagus with it but sadly I didn't have any and wasn't going to the store. But it was still good :)

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment