Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Best Shrimp Ever!

Hello all! I am trying to get back into the swing of making new dishes now that I finally have a handle on the semester. I take the NCE this weekend and my Comps exam the next so studying has slowed but not stopped. I am trying to make sure I know the information without over studying. Lets sure hope I pass because I really never want to study like this ever again. I will still have to take the Praxis II but I have heard after taking these other two exams its not too bad. I will hopefully take that at some point this semester or next. I am starting to get things figured out for my internship next semester. I am hoping to land a job so I can get a paid internship but I am also making plans for a normal unpaid internship so I am not screwed come January. I will keep you all posted on that as I get it more figured out.

I am sad to say that I have not been running like I would like. My days have been so crazy and there is not as much free time as I want. I am hoping that next semester when every day is a little closer to the same schedule I can get back into running. My friend Stacy has said that I have inspired her to start running and she is also using a couch to 5K program. They seriously work if you just keep at it!! When I have had free time I have been doing some crafting. But I am making some Christmas presents so you don't get to see pictures until after Christmas!

Oh to what you really care about... The Best Shrimp Ever! Well I found this recipe of course on Pinterest and that is what it was called. When I clicked on the pin to go to the website I could not find the shrimp recipe. Luckily the recipe was in the pin so I was still able to make it. I love seafood! I eat don't eat alot of red meat or pork simply because A. usually more expensive and B. I only know so many ways to make it. I know seafood is usually expensive too but I like it more than red meat so I'm more apt to spend the money on it. This was a simple and easy recipe that I will totally be making alot I'm sure come lent. I made the shrimp with mashed potatoes and broccoli. You could also turn the juice that is in the bottom into a sauce and put it all over pasta.

The Best Shrimp Ever
Ingredients: 
- 1 pound fresh shrimp
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 lemon
- 1 packet of dried Italian seasoning

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degree.
2. Melt stick of butter on cookie sheet.
3. Slice the lemon and layer on top of the butter.
4. Layer shrimp on top of the lemon.
5. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
6. Bake for 15 minutes.






* I told you it was easy! I used frozen shrimp that I defrosted in some cold water. I also left the shells on while baking but I am sure you could do it the same way without the shells. For the Italian seasoning I just sprinkled it on there because I had it in a bottle versus the packet. I just eyeballed the amount making sure it got all over.









No comments:

Post a Comment