Monday, February 27, 2012

Creamy Chicken and Rotini Primavera

Pinterest is simply amazing. I seriously believe that it is good for my soul. It gives me so many wonderful ideas of things I really can make myself. Here is another recipe that I made tonight for dinner. I spent the whole day doing homework so I treated my self to a long walk with a friend and then making a yummy dinner. It was delicious! And of course it makes more than one serving so I will be eating it all week.

It is hard to see the sauce but it is there! 
Creamy Chicken and Rotini Primavera
- 1/2 pound dry Rotini
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts- cubed
- 1 lb frozen vegetable mix- thawed
- 4 oz Neufchatel cheese ( reduced fat cream cheese)
- 1/2 cups lite Italian dressing
- 1/2 cups 2% milk

Directions:
1. Cook pasta per package directions to desired doneness. Drain well and keep warm.
2. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken cubes and cook until no longer pink.
3. Combine cream cheese, dressing and milk and whisk until smooth.
4. Add thawed frozen vegetables and pasta to chicken along with sauce mixture. Stir well and heath through- About 5 Min.

* I did a few things different. I used skim milk because it is what we always buy. My sauce still tasted fine but I think it was a little thinner than what it should have been. If you do not like Italian dressing then either don't use so much dressing or don't use a nice brand such as Ken's like I did. I also used Northern Italian which I don't know if that made any difference. But none the less it was delicious!

This past weekend I also fixed a throw pillow that sits on my bed.... When I actually make my bad. It is a very nice and soft brown pillow. However, Jeff's dog had gotten dog buggers on it. I was scared to wash the pillow but the I remembered I had some brown fleece fabric from a project I did last year. I decided to cover the pillow like you would make one of those blankets that you tie around the edges. On one side I cut the fabric into about 1-1 1/2 inch strips and a did a weave patter. The other side is just solid brown. I think the weave pattern turned out pretty cool. And because I pulled it pretty tight I don't think it is going to come apart. :)

Homework calls....

2 comments:

  1. First off, the recipe sounds amazing and I think we may try it this week! Secondly, the pillow is SUPER cute! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megan it was so easy!!! You really should try it out! And thank you :) the pillow was actually very therapeutic... it took a while but it is nice to see a clean finished product haha!

      Delete