Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day Yummies!

Hello world! So from talking to different people it is funny hearing about who reads my blog and who didn't even know I had a blog. Haha I think its funny. It is the people who are on Facebook I think who mainly read it because I always have a status up date when I update my blog. I guess I have to start telling the other people haha. It was kind of neat when my friend Heather told me she bookmarked it on her computer haha. Does anyone know if there is a way to know how many people read my blog? Like a thing that tallies every time someone views my blog?

Things here have been pretty busy but I have been trying to keep up with cooking new things! I made some yummy roasted carrots last week to go with some pork chops that I marinaded in some honey teriyaki marinade by Ken's. The pork chops were very yummy and so were the carrots and rice I made. The picture below is not of the pork chops because I was halfway through my dinner when I realized I had forgotten to take a picture of the finished product! I made some chicken in the same marinade a few days later to go with the leftover carrots and rice. I got the recipe off of Pinterest but here is the blog link if you would like to get it right from her blog! Ok Link to come later because Pinterest is being difficult right now...


Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs baby carrots
- olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Veggie Seasoning (take your pick)
- tin foil (my recommendation)

Mix in a small bowl the olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar and set aside. Mix the carrots with some seasoning and a little olive oil then place on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Pull the carrots out and drizzle with mixture and put back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.

With Valentines Day being this week I was determined not to be all sad and bummed out about being single. So I invited some friends over for a game night! It was a lot of fun and a great way to spend Singles Awareness Day. Laughter is a great cure for sadness!! I wanted to make something yummy for us to munch on while we played. I found on Pinterest (Yes I know I might have a problem) where you can make peanut butter cookies and put a Dove heart chocolate in the middle. I did not really like the recipe online because it was cookies in a bag. I knew my mom had a yummy peanut-butter cookie recipe that would be better. So here is what I did!

Peanut-butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut-butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dove milk chocolates (if you aren't making this on V-day you can add a hearsay kiss)



Directions:
- Beat shortening and peanut-butter
- Add brown and regular sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat until well blended
- Stir together flour, baking road, and salt into another bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture with wet ingredients.
- Shape into 1 inch balls then roll in extra sugar.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 min at 375.
- Add chocolate right after they come out of the oven. Let cool and enjoy!


Like I said I have been keeping busy with school and being crafty when I can. I made this a few weeks ago but am just now putting a picture up of it. I am going to hang it in the living room :)

New recipes that I will be trying within the next couple weeks are: Buffalo Chicken Bites, Shrimp, String Beans and Pasta with Pesto Sauce, Spicy Chicken Rigatoni, Crabby Alfredo, and Creamy Chicken and Rotini Primavera.

1 comment: