Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm a Stewer!

Before the tomatoes were added.
Yesterday I went to Walnut Cove, NC to see one of my friend Natalie. Natalie met really through our music fraternity (Sigma Alpha Iota) but we were also in marching band together at ECU. A few years ago over fall break I went home with Natalie for her church's Brunswick Stew Festival. Well it isn't really a festival... at least not what I would call a festival. They make stew in two HUGE pots. I think each one holds 100 gallons. And what is even more amazing is that they do this twice a year and they sell ALL of the stew. The make the stew in the fall for a church fundraiser and in the spring for the eight grade trip to D.C. Because this has been my third stew I have now become an official stewer! Natalie's family and church family are amazing and even if I can't come and make stew every year I totally am going to buy some. It is the best Brunswick stew I think I have ever had!

After the tomatoes and other veggies were added. About to be dipped in to quart size cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment