Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Baby Blanket and Natalie's Lasagna

I know I have been slacking on blog posts lately. But I blame grad school and it being the end of the semester! I only have one more week of classes and only one final! So excited for the semester to be over! At the beginning of the semester I thought it was never going to end. But now I am really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I will be moving to Wilkesboro, NC at the end of the summer. Then in at the end of August with the new semester I will be starting my practicum semester at Mulberry Elementary School. I am very excited and very nervous. I know I want to work ultimately in a middle or high school but I am very excited about this experience in the elementary school and the opportunity to work with a great counselor. I will be a semester full of professional growth and I am super excited to feel more comfortable doing something I am so excited and passionate about.

Ok on to what this post is about. The baby blanket is finished!!!! And a week before my cousin's baby shower in Raleigh! I was worried I was going to have to mail it out to her but I got it done in time! I am very proud of myself for finishing it and it not looking all funky. It is a very simple design but I figured it was a good way to start on my own. I want to learn some harder designs but I think I want someone to help me with getting started on those. Next on my list to make is knitting some place mates. :)

This week I invited some of my friends over for a girls night of yummy food. One of my best friends from undergrad makes a very yummy Lasagna and I have been craving it! I sadly forgot to take a picture of it but here is how you make it.

Ingredients: 
- 1 Jar pasta sauce (take your pick)
- 1 bag finely shredded Italian blend cheese (2 cups)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chillies
- 1 pound of ground meat (beef or turkey usually best)
- Lasagna noodles

Directions:
1. Cook the pasta as directed. While the pasta is cooking cook your ground meat.
2. In a pot mix together your sauce, cream of mushroom soup, and diced tomatoes.
3. Once your meat is cooked add it to your sauce and bring to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes.
4. In a 13x9 baking dish put a little of sauce in the bottom then layer noodles, sauce, cheese noodles, sauce, cheese until you have the thickness you want. Usually its four layers.
5. Bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and sauce is boiling on the sides.
* You can also make this without meat but you just have to make sure you spread your sauce evenly between your layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment