Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie and Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

So these next two recipes are not new recipes... I think I could make both of these without even looking at the recipe I have made them so many times! But they are total comfort food and super yummy! The first is my Mom's (or her Mom's I'm not sure who really made it first) Chicken Pot Pie. Then is Susie's Chocolate chip cookies....but I don't know who Susie is. Haha!

In other exciting news the semester is almost over!! Only a few more assignments and I can put this semester behind me! It is hard to believe it is almost over!!! It has really flown by. Before I know it the next year will be over and I will be graduating! So close I can smell it!

Chicken Pot Pie:
- 6 T. Margarin melted in pan
- 1 can veg-all, drained
- 6 cooked chicken breasts chopped up
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup bisquick
- 1 cup milk

Directions:
1. Melt Margarin in 13x9 dish. Layer chicken on top.
2. Mix soup and broth and pour over chicken in dish.
3. Add Veg-all on top.
4. Mix together bisquick and milk and pour on top of veg-all.
5. Bake at 450 for 25 min or until top is turning golden brown.

Susie's Chocolate Chip Cookies: 
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Shift together and set aside.
2. Mix butter with brown sugar and eggs. Mix well. Add vanilla.
3. Mix dry and wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips last.
4. Drop teaspoon size scoops on to greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350.
*I used dark brown sugar because it is what I had so they may not look as dark as they do in my picture.



1 comment: