Monday, December 17, 2012

I Passed!!!!!

Well I have officially heard gotten my test scores back from my comps exam and the NCE and the good news is I PASSED!!! I have never studied for anything so hard in my life. It just goes to show how some hard core studying can really pay off. For those of you who don't know my crazy study method.... I made about 1000 note cards... no I'm not joking. I turned the Encyclopedia of Counseling into note cards. I am very much a visual learner so writing the questions out helped me alot. I seriously thought about burning the note cards after the exam but they took me months to make so I couldn't do it. In stead I have passed them along to another girl in the program and told her to just keep passing them along. Hopefully they help other ASU counseling students as well.

Man it has been a crazy month or so! I thought the beginning of the semester was crazy with studying so much but the end was way crazier! Between finishing up classes, finishing my practicum, Christmas, and trying to pack to move it has been nuts. And for a little while I didn't know if I was going to be moving to another place in Wilkesboro or if I was moving back home. Well I'm moving back home which is not totally a bad thing, even though a job would have been nice.... one more semester!

So yes I am now back at home and getting ready for the final leg of masters program.... internship. Even though I am a little bummed I didn't get the job I am trying to remind myself that it just means God has something else planned for me and maybe I will get lucky and get a job in one of the school systems I really want. I will be doing my internship at Fuquay-Varina Middle School. I am pretty excited about it because the counselor that will be my supervisor really wanted an intern and is working on a plan to help me learn as much as possible in one semester. I doubt I will get to be as creative as I was at my practicum site in the elementary school but I am really wanting to do an expressive arts group so who knows. I am trying my best to live one day at a time and not stress too much about the future. Maybe that should be an early new years resolution...

Be on the look out for some Christmas cookie recipes as I will be starting to bake probably later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment