Sunday, February 10, 2013

Where to start!

Hello world! I feel like the past couple post I have talked about how busy I have been. Well I have been busier than ever. I can't remember if I put on here that my parents sold my childhood home. They sold it the first day it was on the market! How crazy is that! The people who bought the house were nice enough to let us spend one more Christmas in the house and stay in the house until the end of January when the new house was ready to move into. My parents bought a new house in Holly Springs so it isn't too far from where we were before. I was really sad about the move at first because we had spent 20 years in that house and its the house I have almost all of my childhood memories in. Now we are in the new house and have been in here for a couple of weeks. It is finally starting to look and feel like home now that more and more of the boxes are getting unpacked. I know my parents will be glad when it is all unpacked and things they way they want.

To make things even crazier I have also started my school counseling internship at the middle school just down the road from the new house. I love my internship! I have been very thankful that I had a good school and a good group of counselors to work with. I have gotten to see and do so much already and I have only been there a little over a month. I wasn't sure how much I would really like middle school but I am quickly finding out that I do really enjoy it. Middle school drama and all. All of the things we remember about middle school are still going on and it seems that there is almost more drama thanks to new technology (mainly cell phones) and social media sites. I have been doing some lessons on cyber bullying with the 8th grade students. Really all of the students need to get this lesson because it is crazy how often we are dealing with kids cyber bullying each other. I feel bad for the kids who are bullied because even at home they can't get away. But that is why I am doing this job to help out the kids that need my help. I haven't started looking for jobs again yet so I need to get on that soon. I would be awesome if I could get a job lined up for next year. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

And to make things even crazier than that my middle sister Erin and her husband Jeff are going to have a baby boy at the end of this month! And on top of that they sold their house within the first week or so it was on the market so they need to find and move into a new house by the middle of March! So my family is all just a little crazy going a million miles a minute trying to have things ready and settled for Baby Parker to get here. We are all so excited for them as it is their first baby!

Ok enough about the crazy and a little about the fun that has been going on. I got on a major crocheting kick around Christmas and it honestly hasn't ended yet. I finished crocheting my blanket! I still have to tie off all the little strings but the hard part is done! I can't believe I finished it. When I started the blanket I honestly wasn't sure I would finish it. It is by far the biggest thing I have made. I can't wait to start on my next big project. I want to make my niece and nephew blankets. In the mean time I have been trying to make an infinity scarf but it is rather tricky and I can't find a pattern I'm totally in love with. I have made a coaster so far. I know not exciting but I needed a coaster for my new room.


As you can see the blanket is pretty big:)
I will post a better picture latter.
Here are the links I used for the two projects. I found both patterns on Pinterest of course :) What did I do before that website?! The blanket pattern came from Mam' Zelle Flo and it is a Diagonal Pattern. The coaster I made is a star stick that I learned from the Free Vintage Crochet website. They had a great video that was super helpful!
Here is the coaster with the star stitch patter. I used a pretty small crochet hook because I wanted it to be tight. I might try it will a bigger hook for a scarf soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment