Sunday, April 21, 2013

New Job!

Wow I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted! I have been so slack this semester. I have thought about doing a blog post so many times but I have usually been too tired to mess with it once I have gotten home.

Well my internship is wrapping up. It has been such a good experience and I have been able to work with some great counselors. I learned a lot and was able to do a lot! It is sad leaving when you feel like you are finally getting a feel for the school and getting to know the staff. However, it leads to bigger and better things. Like a job! But more on that later. One of the things I have done during my internship is help make several bulletin boards. It makes me sad when they are empty or messy. Here are some of the ones I did.
I found this idea and all the materials for it online. Sadly I can't find what I did with the link.  I think if I redo this for elementary I will not have so much writing. But I still like it for middle :)

This is suppose to look like an ipod and have apps for different test taking tips. I thought it was an interesting idea. 

I made this one for the ISS room. I thought it would be good for the students to see while they sit there instead of class because of their behavior. 

So the past few weeks have been crazy because I got a job! As a school counselor! I had applied back in February and the principal at the middle school I had been at for internship called that principal on my behalf! I was called a while later and asked to come in for an interview and offered the job that day! Now before you get too excited it is only temporary until the end of the year. However, they are going to try and keep me and offer me the permanent job. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I have only been at the school for a week but so far I am really enjoying it. It was hard to leave the middle school early but I couldn't help but jump on this opportunity. 

1 comment: